On September 20, Science Based Targets Network (SBTN) hosted a webinar about its month-long public consultation (Sept 15 – Oct 14, 2022) for technical guidance on science-based targets (SBTs) for nature.
This new guidance will provide companies with detailed methodologies to assess and prioritize their impacts on nature, and enable them to progress to setting targets first on freshwater quantity and quality. Once finalized, this will form the basis of SBTN’s first release of SBTs for nature in early 2023, which will include initial target-setting resources on freshwater as well as land to complement those on climate from the Science Based Targets initiative.
Speakers from across the Network came together to provide context and details about the draft corporate technical guidance, the development process, how companies can take action now while they wait for the guidance to be finalized, as well as to address key questions live.
- Erin Billman, Executive Director, SBTN
- Jonny Hughes, SBTN Council Member / WCMC CEO, UNEP-WCMC
- Varsha Vijay, Technical Director, SBTN
- Chara Sifaki, SBTN Freshwater Hub Lead / CDP
- Margot Conover, Water Initiative Lead, General Mills
- Nadine McCormick, Manager, Nature Action, WBCSD