In January the Science Based Targets Network attended the World Economic Forum 2024 in Davos, where the team engaged in productive discussions on the acceleration and scaling of nature-positive solutions, and shared initial insights from companies piloting the first science-based targets for nature.
There was significant interest in the preliminary insights from the companies during a masterclass for companies on how to embed nature in business strategies, that was facilitated by Capitals Coalition. We shared these insights in a blog, with subsequent media coverage in Forbes, Fortune, Yahoo Finance, Carbon Pulse and BNN Breaking.
“SBTN strives to equip companies to know they’re taking enough of the right actions in the right places, at the right time – to do their part to meet the goals of the global biodiversity framework on the side of nature.”
During WEF24, Erin Billman, Executive Director, Science Based Targets Network, talked to Manveen Rana, BCG, about science-based targets for nature. You can watch the interview in full below, in which Erin talks about:
- How science-based targets for nature go further than other targets companies may be setting
- What businesses and governments can do to incorporate targets for nature today
- How SBTN is helping companies take the right nature action, support nature loss and meet the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework goals
- Understanding the importance and benefits of acting holistically by investing in nature-based solutions
- What companies and cities need to be doing most urgently.