The launch event of the Science-Based Targets for Nature Initial Guidance for Business was attended by over 250 people.
The video replay of the event is now available here to watch on demand.
You can also download the slides from the event here.
Thanks to our speakers:
- Johan Rockstrom, Director, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK), Earth Commission Co-Chair
- Dominic Waughray, Managing Director, Platform for Global Public Goods, WEF; Global Commons Alliance Council Chair
And to our panelists:
- Cristianne Close, Global Practice Leader, Markets, WWF; SBTN Council Member
- Sanda Ojiambo, Executive Director & CEO, UN Global Compact
- Paul Simpson, CEO, CDP
- Cláudia Azevedo, Board Member & CEO, Sonae
Want to get access to the Interim Guidance?
This Guidance was produced in consultation with experts from 65+ global environmental organizations, companies, and consultancies from 22 countries. It provides initial guidance on how companies can set SBTs for nature.
Nature-focused science-based targets as currently designed will allow companies to take action that aligns with a subset of the goals set out in the UN conventions on biodiversity (UNCBD), climate change (UNFCCC), land degradation (UNCCD), and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (SDGs).
We look forward to receiving your feedback and working in partnership to develop the Guidance further.